On 26.11.2021 and 10.12.2021 under “Knowing circular economy in Black Sea basin BSB-CIRCLECON – BSB 1021” Project were held two blended CEWG workshops (on place at VFU and via Google Meet) with the participation of National/Regional/Public Authorities, infrastructure-public service providers and NGOs representing public/consumers, regional Academic Organisations, Business Support Organisations, SMEs and training centers.
The key speakers were Mr. George Kremlis, Mr. Alkis Stavridis, Assoc. Prof. Ralitsa Zhekova, PhD., Assoc. Prof. Eleonora Tankova, PhD., Mr. Todor Kolev, Mr. Svilen Shitov, Mr. Emil Dichev and Mrs. Marya Zlateva stressed out the importance of taking action in the following:
- To help businesses, whatever their industry, in public and private actors and stakeholders, to understand the importance of the circular economy and the digitalisation of their business processes, strengthening their international competitiveness
- The priorities of the European Union and the Bulgarian National Action Plan for the Circular Economy
- Managing the planet’s resources and energy and adopting a functional and sustainable economic model
The conclusions of the meetings are:
- The transition to a circular economy and waste management is a valuable resource and a huge opportunity to create competitive advantages on a sustainable basis for Bulgarian companies, especially National, Regional, Public Authorities, infrastructure-public service providers and NGOs representing public and consumers.
- The workshop concerned the information on the adoption of the model of the circular economy. Circular economy can strengthen the EU’s industrial base and promote entrepreneurship.
o The venues were accessible to persons with disabilities.
o All events’ supplies were from RECYCLED ONLY materials.
o All attendants were aware that the European Union is financing the event.